Management Presentation is a process of communication where you transmit a message from presenter to the different audience. Usually this message may vary in complexity and length. There are different aids that you can used, for you to improve your presentation such as power point presentation, flip chart and many more.
Actually, everyone can be in a position of being a presenter. In school, university, in business proposal and even to become a presenter professionally, one of the problem that the usually destroy the good presentation is the fear to face people and to speak in front of them. So for you to be able to conquer this fear and for you to deliver a better presentation, this article will discuss some of the steps of effective presentation skills.
Get excellent article about HR Management and Performance Management here.
• Follow the 3P’s (Plan, Prepare, Practice) – the very first thing that you should do to improve your presentation skills is to have a verbal presentation plan or the things that you will going to say. In presenting, it is very important that what you say is something that you really know, something that is part of your expertise. In order for you to get the attention of the audience you must have the credibility.
o Once you already done with planning and preparing – practice, practice and practice. Know well the different talks in your presentation.
• Focus on the visual presentation- the aspect of visual presentation is one of the most important in getting the message across. It may include your gestures, facial expression, appearance, body language, eye contact and even the visuals like the power point, all the things that your audience sees.
o The people in the audience will make their first impression from the time that you step in into the room. So appear friendly and confident, and dress for success even though you’re shaking because of the nervous. Natural gestures and good posture are really important. One of the best facial expressions that you must always have is the smile. Your smile will hide your nervous to your audience. And looking to the eyes of your different audiences or having an eye contact while taking can be the very most important visual.
o Always use visuals if possible. Some of the basic rules in power point are that the slides should be in colour and you must also use graphics. If you will talk and about going to green. Don’t hesitate to talk about it and be humorous if you think and feel that it will be right for you.
• Use different vocal in presentation-Using variety of vocals can be also one of the best things if you want to improve your presentation skills. It is very important that you know how to really use your voice. It includes pace, tone, volume, enunciation and inflection. Speak clearly and loudly, not too slow or fast.
o Vary your pace and don’t forget the essence of pause. Always make a pause after and before you make a good point. It will really make your audience ears perk up. And lastly in last sentence you should always use downward inflection.
• Uses notes, but never memorize or read- when you prepare a talk, think of what you want to say and as much as possible say it aloud. These can be very helpful for you to remember it very fast. You can also write different keywords that you can use in remembering the things that you want to say in the presentation.
o In this rule there are also exceptions, first since the closing and the instruction is the most important of the speech. It will be okay to memorize these things. With this you will have a presentation that have a beginning and ending that is full of confidence. This kind of presentation skill will really make you stand out from the rest.
• Control the fear that you have in public speaking- it is very usual to a person to get nervous in speaking in front of thousands people. And you will always have the fear of messing up. And order for you to conquer this fear you should always be relax, and imagine that you’re just talking to your close friends. Learning these presentation skills is not that easy for everyone but for some this is their way to have a presentation in success.
• Ask for the help of speech coach- there are people who are really expert in public speaking or anything about presentation skills that you can used so that you can be a good presenter. Asking for their advice will really be beneficial in your part.
These are the ways on how you can improve your presentation skills. Having these presentation skills will really improve you as a presenter. So if ever you will have your big presentation taking these presentation skills will be your key to have a better and successful presentation.