“Do not do unto others want you don’t want others do unto you”. This is the golden rule of Confucius, and this can be a way to gain the respect. As an employer you must make your own way on how you will show your respect to every worker, and one way to this is motivating them. Employee motivation is the most challenging thing when it comes to human resource management. So many employers find it hard to achieve.
Motivation can be defined as a way or a process to increase a certain behavior of a person. Employee motivation is important if you want a better company with your employees. This will provide you harmonious relationship between the employer and workers. Motivation can be used to uplift the characteristics of your employees to benefits both your company and every worker. But motivating your workers is not an easy task. You must consider many factors on how to do it. And it is very important to know these factors.
Here are the factors you must consider to motivate your employees:
• The first important thing that you can do to motivate your workers is to give them the right and clear information, job descriptions and responsibilities. This will give your workers a great impression of what the job will offer to them. Giving them a clear job description is one of the factors on how workers can be motivated.
• Right and reasonable compensation- every employee works for money. Right compensation can motivate your employees. They could do their best if you will compensate them properly. Most of the employees are now learning the industry standards. Reasonable compensation will keep your employees stay on your company.
• As an owner of a company you must also provide your employees a comfortable working place and environment. Every worker needs to have a comfortable working place to have better performance. Your company must have enough facilities. You must also provide a safe place for your employees for them to prevent any accident while working. Showing how you care by providing a good atmosphere to your workers can motivate them to perform well. Giving them a safe and good atmosphere work place can develop their capabilities and skills to become productive workers.
• Nowadays employers are giving different benefits to their workers. And these benefits can also help your employees to be motivated. Companies are now giving allowances to their employees. An example to this is living allowance, transportation allowance and even meal allowance. Some companies are also providing insurances. Health insurance is one example to this. This will serves as their financial assistance when something happened to them. By giving these benefits your employees will surely stay to your company for a long period of time.
• Allowing your workers to attend different seminars and meetings can also motivate them. These seminars will give them knowledge on how they will work with quality and high standards. Through these seminars you will identify the weakness and strong skills of your workers. Seminars will also open the minds of every worker of what their work will offer to them. These will also allow them to develop their competitive sides and use it for the betterment of your company.
• Every people especially workers want to be recognized. Showing your appreciation to them can give them self-confident and self-esteem. And these qualities will help both employers and workers. You can show your appreciation by simply celebrating the good things that they have done. You must remember that harmonious relationship between workers and employees will motivate them to perform better. Harmonious relationship is a good way towards a better company as a team.
• Communication can also be a great factor. Communicating them in the proper manner can motivate your workers. You must give your feedbacks regarding their performance. It will help them to improve not just a worker but also as an individual. As an owner you must update them of what is the status of your company. If they failed or they commit mistakes, you can talk them in a proper way. It is one way to gain their trust and motivate them in some ways.
• As what mentioned above trust is the best factor to become safe and sound. You cannot deny every people need this while working. Showing your trust to them will create a harmonious relationship. The real essence of working is to trust and to be trusted. You can easily establish trust by giving them tasks without questioning their ability. It is inevitable that you need a long time gain trust from other people especially from your employer.
Motivating your employees can give your workers excel or improve not just as an employee but also as an individual. It is your own responsibility and obligation as an owner. You must always remember that in the end of this day, you and your company will also get benefits from motivating your workers. Always remember the giving is like an echo it will bounds back what you have given.
Free Download - Amazing Powerpoint Slides on Fundamentals of HR Management and HR Scorecard
Thank you for subscribing.